Friday, April 29, 2011

royal.

if you have had your t.v. turned on any time today... you know what today is...  today is a royal wedding.  i of course was glued to the t.v. - once i got in front of one (i do not have t.v. at my house)... kate looked beautiful... timeless... stunning.  william... that uniform made him look like a prince out of a fairytale...
my mom and i have talked multiple times today... the last call was about... "do you think we could add those kind of sleeves to my dress?  her veil - i think that would make a perfect reception veil... " 
and now as i sit in a cafe i think... lucky me... i found my prince too.  with my own nuptials less than 3 months away i watch the royal couple and think, "soon its my turn"... granted i will not have millions watching (thank goodness!)... we do not have a 34 million dollar budget (seriouslly?) ... i will not wear a tiara of diamonds  - but am in search a a cool vintage headpiece if anyone knows wear to find one... and i will not become queen one day... however... i will be surrounded by people i love.  i will have the CUTEST flower girls and ring bears EVER... my dress will be the most beautiful i ever wear... and the groom - is my prince.  my helpmate... my love.

but bigger than that - i am already a princess.  last sunday we celebrated easter... we celebrated Jesus.  the man who is our Savior.  who left His throne to lay in a feeding troth.  who handed over his crown - to be nailed to a cross... but the story did not end with the grave... Jesus rose from the grave.  beat death.  and washed my sin away.  making my a part of the royal family.

so here's my question... as you sit today and marvel over a royal wedding...  to you have a seat in the biggest royal party yet to come?  have to allowed Christ to make you a prince or princess?  and if not why?  why do you accept a common life - when a royal one is waiting for you...

No comments: